Nice write up!
I followed your instructions to replace the rear final drive seal on my wife's R1100S. The only thing I had to do differently was on the removal of the old seal. I put two metal screws into the old seal, but when I pulled very hard on both screws at the same time, the seal would not budge. I next tried pulling on one screw and it came out with less than half the pressure I was using before. I'm guessing I was creating a vacuum which was holding the seal in, once I switched to just pulling on one side, it allowed the pressure to escape. Other wise it was a pretty simple and straight forward repair.
I would rate this a 2.5 on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being easy and 10 being difficult.