View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #79
Crooked Creek OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
At this point I was in battle mode. I stopped taking pictures and concentrated on trying to maintain my speed without crashing.

It was getting late (probably 9 or 10 pm) and the road was not longer fun to ride with my top-heavy load of gear. But I still hoped to punch through to the falls.

So on and on I went. Conditions got worse and worse as the trail descended into the Kinuseo Valley.

If you look closely the backroad mapbook, you will see that where the Old Kinusea Falls road crosses Kinuseo Creek, it is clearly marked that the bridge is out.

Unfortunately, I didn't look that closely .

In fact, I didn't notice that until 2700km and 3 days later at my parent's place. Had I, it would have saved me about 6 hours of stream crossing and rock dodging.

But, having successfully seen what I could see, I rode a lot faster on the way out. I rolled into Tumbler Ridge in just time to grab some fuel and food before things closed and hit the road north with enough light to doge bears (which I saw a few of.) I also saw some moose but I didn't stop as it was too dark to get good pics by then.

I had no plans for the night, but by the time I rode the 90 km to Chetwynd, I was starting to get tired. It was well after midnight and the adrenaline from blasting up the Five Cabin Creek trail has long worn off.

Also, it was starting to rain.
Canada's Best Kept Secret: 500 km from the nearest paved road here
Crooked Creek is offline   Reply With Quote