View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #85
Crooked Creek OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Question

The roadside is one of the safest places to take pictures of bears. They hear you coming from a long ways, so if they don't run off, it's usually because they are used to vehicles and more concerned about eating grass. Out of hundreds of bears on the side of the road, I've never felt threatened. It's pretty hard for a bear to feel cornered when they are in the ditch and you are on the read. Be careful with sows and cubs, or a bear feeding on roadkill though.

My wife is definitely a keeper . And I will keep her.

Re: my WR250R, if I didn't like it, I'd be riding something else. It's still a 250, but it's in a whole different range than the bikes you've mentioned. When I keep the weight reasonable, I find it much faster than my old KLR 650 (on/off road) because it's smoother and has better suspension. The torque isn't there, but once I learned to ride it, I haven't missed the bigger bike. FWIW, I didn't get passed once in 3000km on this trip.

Sure, I'd love 20 more hp, but the fuel range (up to 600km) and low maintenance is worth it. I'm almost at 16 000 km and have done nothing but change the oil, lube the chain, and clean the air filter (once but I really should clean it again...)

I'm late for a meeting, but If you have any specific questions let me know.
Canada's Best Kept Secret: 500 km from the nearest paved road here

Crooked Creek screwed with this post 07-26-2012 at 08:00 AM
Crooked Creek is offline   Reply With Quote