View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #177
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
I have a 2012 super tenere. In the next 2 years I will be adding a big touring bike for the wife and I, as well as a a bike like the 800gs. I love the tenere 660 but its not sold here. Because of that i am considering the g650gs sertao or the 800gs, but the fact that BMW is only making cosmetic changes saddens me. There are known issues with the bikes and they are not addressing them. That is unacceptable. I have delt with Ducati and their lack of desire to fix anything, and I refuse to do it again.

I want a fully decked out 800gs/sertao with Knobbies, plates, something I can beat on. My dream is this...

Yamaha/kawi touring rig kitted out for touring, S10 for solo long distance on road and off road stuff like riding the Americas, then the 800gs for something more hardcore like mountain passes and remote solo riding with mainly off road. Before you say anything, I dont want a klr, i have zero desire to ride one for thousands of miles.

Long answer to your short question, but if BMW made true fixes I would buy an 800gs tomorrow.

Joe
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote