View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #21
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpointsixtwo View Post
I can't wait for mine! I will give a full report on how your rack fairs through the wilds of Canada when I return. No crazy off-roading, but enough washboard to rattle your fillings loose!

You might drum up some business by posting over at Thumpertalk in the DRZ section!
I can't wait to give it to you! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. It's a good thing my racks are Canadian corduroy resistant.

Thanks for the suggestion about TT. I'll have to look into their requirements to post my racks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHampWoodsRider View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Tom last week!
He's a stand up honest guy who knows what he is doing and can fabricate some very nice racks!
I would not hesitate doing business with him!

He is fabricating panier racks for my 2009 KLR650!
I saw the prototype and they look awesome!!
I cant wait to see the final product!!

Thanks Tom!
Thanks, but the pleasure was all mine! I really enjoyed the trail ride we took and was impressed with the skills you exhibited in the rock gardens on the big KLR!

I'm in the process of making the jigs right now, and will be done with everything early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
These have been holding up very well (that's my black DRZE with the prototype racks.) I haven't been on any epic rides with them, but have done plenty of bashing through the bush on some rugged trails, and there haven't been any issues at all. The bike has taken a few naps without any problems. Tom and I are hoping to get up to Maine soon and really wring things out, but I'm positive on this system. One of the best things is that one hardly notices the rack when it's not loaded, and it's pretty tight to the bike when it is.
Glad to hear they're holding up! They should get a good workout with all the camping gear and such up in swamp donkey country.

Looking forward to the exploratory expedition!

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote