View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #144
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Thanks for all the encouragement, guys. I'll try to keep the momentum going. :)

First of all, there's a road here in Boulder unlike any other I've been on. Flagstaff Rd. to the Amphitheater (thanks for the recommendation dpeagle!). Super tight, twisty, smooth and technical. Just look at the upper left section--it's hairpin after hairpin after hairpin! Nuts.

I went up yesterday (and then again today). And unlike most killer driving roads, there were so few cars (each time there were two cars I passed on the way up and one or two on the way down. DESOLATE!).

The scenery was beautiful, which was dangerous. It's the kind of road that takes all your concentration (most of it is marked 20mph, with back to back 10mph hairpins strung together). Instead of Flagstaff it should be called "lower intestine" road.

Today when I got to the top to take a few shots a Patrol SUV rolled by, then turned around and parked behind me. I was just hanging out taking in the scenery....but like SF I worried that I'd get a scolding. (I was by no means pretending I was Racer X, but I think I did probably go over the speed limit by 1 or 2 mph). ;) He stayed there for a minute (running my new plates?) and then drove off.

Boulder is just amazing. It's no wonder everyone here (almost) is thin, fit and tan. With running and biking backdrops like these in 3DHD, why stay at home on the couch?

AntiHero screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 01:06 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote