View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #44
rtwdoug OP
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,551
The next morning was sunny, & we headed on to Trabzon. We stopped by to visit Mehmet, who has a small store here, & I met him a couple years ago. My friend Cem, who took me to the monastery last year couldn’t come to meet us, as his mom is sick, so we had a drink, & headed on to batumi. The border wasn’t too bad, it was crowded, but we worked our way thru it ok.
The Georgian border was easy, & the guards friendly as always. I always like coming to Georgia, its one of my favorite places.
The 2 big downsides to it, the drivers, who seem to gave gotten their driving license as a present, as the roads are total madness.
And the cows. I guess fences still haven’t caught on here, the cows just wander the roads. Theres green grass everywhere, but they want to just stand in the road.
We weaved our way to Batumi, dodging cars & cows. Poly hadn’t seen anything like this before. I warned her, but you really have to experience it.
We found the Eiffel Tower hostel, which is run by Jon & Dan, who are on summer holiday while teaching English here. Nice guys, & a good place to stay.
We decided to stay an extra day here & see the town. It’s a beach town, so lots of touristy crap, but the old part is pretty interesting.

Fun at the border

Jon, from the hostel

www.motosapiens.org
My bike hotel in Bulgaria. ADVriders get 1st beer free!

rtwdoug screwed with this post 07-27-2012 at 12:08 AM
rtwdoug is online now   Reply With Quote