View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
epicxcrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
As abruptly as the fun began, it ended as the road leveled out and headed into Groveton. Seemingly the last town before Yosemite, we simply passed through and found a nice spot for a quick snack.

Hopping back on 120 and realizing we were going to need fuel soon, I started scanning through the GPS and managed to find a good looking “shortcut”. :)

Quite a shortcut! A nice forest service road climbing further up into the mountains. Little bit of sand here - some washboard there but otherwise a nice place to hang the back end out a bit. The forest service had recently come through and cleared all the deadfall, only leaving a few remnants behind.

Getting comfortable I came ripping around one corner only to come face to face with a fair sized cow and her calf. I think we startled each other equally as they turned and hurried up the road while I waited to caution Bernie and Shawn.

Occasionally greeted by nice views between the trees, we wound our way through the mountains climbing and descending on the narrow road.

Descending for quite some time on a tricky loose section of trail we eventually came upon a nice vista in the mountains.

Turns out it wasn't much of a shortcut, but it was a damn fun road to ride. We dropped out of the mountains into a campground and after finding gas, made a beeline for Yosemite.

epicxcrider screwed with this post 07-30-2012 at 06:55 AM
epicxcrider is offline   Reply With Quote