View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvganser View Post
I am considering a Solo Seat conversion on my 1988 R100GS. Since a little information is a dangerous thing I thought i might ask and see who has had success with this. The microfiche on Bob's web site shows the luggage rack for 1989-91. Now, I could assume that that would fit on my bike but we all know about assumptions and Bob's is good but this may not be something the parts counter could answer with confidence.

Also. I see that Corbin has a solo seat available. Any other options other than stock? Best option? Anybody selling their conversion?

Anybody with tips, trick and install know-how and what-nots is appreciated.

I've got the Corbin dual gunfighter, the Corbin single, and the stock single seat on my '91 GS. To be honest, the dual seat I find the most comfortable,,,,,the single Corbin locks you in one place, whereas the dual seat allows you to slide around front n back. If you are looking for extra luggage capacity or a 'neater/ look, this is the way to go. The stock single seat is a torture rack.

BTW, transfering over from dual seat to single seat is about a 20 minute affair.

Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote