View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #27
mikecbrxx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Petropavlovsk

The border croossing between Omsk and Petropavlovsk was very straight forward and appears to be a quiet crossing point. As usual, it took about 2 hours start to finish.

The route itself was standard Russian Steppe so IŽll just pput up some photos.

This is the road a few kms inside Kazakhstan

The cheaper of the 2 main hotels in Petropavlovsk....3500 tenge for a night. No air-con and very Russian. However, also very central so a good option. The other hotel is 10.000 tenge upwards. I did see some smaller places but didn't look like good bike parking. At this hotel, there was the usual guard on duty though it is expected to pay him. 300 tenge.

As an aside, the park in front of this hotel is also a wedding photo must have, like Panfilov park in Almaty.

In the park opposite the hotel

As I got the hotel, a guy came over and said he was a rider (ktm it turns out) and invited me over to his place, just by the hotel. Well.... why not!

Slava (his name) did not speak English but his wife, Anastasia, did so he called her to the restaurant.....

With nails like these......ouch!. Apparently, Zwarovski crystals embeded in them.

I tried to register at the local immigration police, but because I was only stopping 1 night, they either wouldn't or couldn't do it. So, It looks like I have to go to Astana after all.....

mikecbrxx screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 04:52 AM
mikecbrxx is offline   Reply With Quote