View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #104
Crooked Creek OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Cool2 Interlude: Tumbler Ridge expanded

So when we left off, I was enjoying a 45 minute night's sleep at a gas plant somewhere in the Pine Pass...on asphalt...with no sleeping pad...in a broken tent...with the fly off...in the rain.

But unfortunately, someone exceeded their internet bandwith for the month uploading pictures for you fine folks and now I a reliving the dial up days. I didn't even know i had a limit. But, while we're waiting for them to un-throttle me, I thought I'd show you where I went yesterday (since these pics were already online.)

I retraced my first part of my trip, checking out a few spots I wasn't able to then.

Got a picture of the metropolis of Elmworth this time:

Took a look at Stoney Lake (right before the Wapiti FSR on the Heritage Highway/Boundary Road.) There fishing is supposed to be amazing here.

Then took a detour down the Honeymoon Creek and a couple other roads to ascend Mount Clifford.

The road dead ends at a well site, but there is an ATV trail that goes right into the Alpine tundra. I tried to climb the first big hill twice, but ended up going over backwards each time at the lip and sliding back down. I think I could have made it if I unloaded, but I had places to be.

Places like Mount Hermann.

You can ride right to the top of this gem, which is accessed via Mast Creek FSR. I went in the scenic way via the Wolverine FSR.

The trail was good enough to drive a truck.

After using up all my film (jk), I head back down the mountain and down the Mast Creek FSR to the Murray FSR.

I was heading south this time, to Monkman Provincial Park, and Kinuseo Falls.

The reason for this little jaunt is on the roof of my buddy's Hilux.

Canada's Best Kept Secret: 500 km from the nearest paved road here
Crooked Creek is offline   Reply With Quote