View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #59
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
Well I'm sad to report that despite all hopes 2013 is not going to be my year. this is the second time I have put it off

I'm gutted.

I did not apply this year due to work and financial commitments that have been dogging me all year. The economy has been crap and I have spent most of this year trying to raise money for a mine in Bolivia, which has not been coming. Now it looks like we will have to lay off 167 people, and this has been very distracting, obviously.

As a result, I have gotten a lot less time in the saddle than I wanted, and I'm not fit at all.

To make matters worse, I missed the Desert Challenge which I wanted to do AND the Dos Sertoes for the same reasons, and SWAMBO wants me to do a couple more rallies before she is willing to let myself do the Dakar. She is not supportive of the Dakar, worrying that I might die. The good news is she has finally come round to actually letting me go ahead with the planning, which though it does not sound like much is a MAJOR win.

At least I did one rally this year, albeit only a 2 day in South Africa (the Amageza). I finished with a good time despite my low fitness levels.

So I have been forced to shift my Dakar to 2014, and will have some good news on the bike front soon. It also means I will be part of the F5 on-the-ground reporting team for 2013.

Congratulations to all of those riders who made it. I will definitely be behind the Brit teams, living my dream through them. If any of you know any riders who need a hand in Lima ahead of the rally, please let me know.

Neil
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote