View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #167
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
I think you might have it backward...he won't need to acclimatize for the heat in Nevada since it's just as bad (or worse) where he lives. Imagine 110 F and then add 45% relative humidity. Your body feels like it is 143 F (and that's in the shade!). Full sunshine can add 15 F more to the heat index. I went to Jeddah on the coast for a scuba dive and the humidity sucked the life out of me. I was glas to get back to the dry heat of Riyadh (only 6% humidity today). I can imagine that temperature-wise going to Nevada will feel like a vacation.

- Ken
Cheers, appreciate that, Was out in Vegas and the area in July a few years ago and it was quite pleasant compared with the Gulf!
Just some info on what he is up to. It's been between 45 - 50 C here for the last week or so, that hot that humidity is hardly a consideration, so yes Navada may not be that uncomfortable, but 6 - 8 hrs on the bike (or more) will be pretty tough.

Sam will spend most days training with an hour or so on the bike (motor) the same on the cycle or a 10 k run and maybe some gym time, not to mention the extended practice/testing, so the overall heat next month wil be ok, as will his fitness in the big one.

He is really up for it and if Honda get the bike right then he will raise a few eyebrows; first Pharoans at the end of Sept so lets see how the new bike performs in public

too old screwed with this post 07-30-2012 at 10:11 AM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote