View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #25
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,049
Well, I guess I'm not getting to the write part of the report again, but here are some more pics.
Laurie and I went for a "tame" ride while the guys did the hard stuff, and we had a blast.
Found a really cool trail.

Little did we know that while we were having fun, Marty had broken his leg (in 2 places!)

Taking backward pic while riding, Laurie and Jeannie

I totally spaced taking other westfest pics, but I was happy to hit the road again.
Here I decided to take the part dirt and part pavement road from Grant to George Town over Guanella pass. I have to say, that if you can only ride one road in Colorado, this is the one!
Absolutely mind-blowingly gorgeous.
I could not really take any pictures cause it was raining.

Snuck in a couple though. Ass I was nearing George Town I saw this picturesque little Victorian town nestled in the Canyon. Wow! I could live there!!
Stopped at a gas station to get a cup of hot chocolate.

Amazing what they had to add to your drink!
Had to add an immune shot, (Echinacia) and an Alert shot

Kept riding in the rain cause there was no way I wanted to pitch a tent in the rain, so riding was preferable.
Ended up taking a dirt road past Fraser called cottonwood trail road, and after riding on a very bumpy and washed out road I finally called it quits and camped in between the cow turds. It had gotten dark, but he rain had stopped and the moon was out.
Sometimes when you park in the night without seeing where exactly you are, waking up in the morning can be a surprise.
Well...... not so much this time! Could not see a thing!

But after the sun showed its face a bit more was visible

Vision is a strange thing!! I rode this trail in near darkness, but truthfully, had I seen what it looked like, I might not have.
Knowing that I had already done it gave me the confidence to get out over the bumpy grasslands where I had parked and down the dirt to the main road.

Then I rode to Rocky Mountain National Park, which was really beautiful, but not nearly as gorgeous as Guanella Pass

In Estes now, and the sky looks pitch-black again!
Oh well, heading to Kansas now.
Being Dorothy for a little while :)

NomadGal screwed with this post 08-01-2012 at 09:10 AM
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote