View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #216
JoelWisman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Anybody know anything about these batteries? Claim to have a BMS built in.

http://www.earthxmotorsports.com/

They were advertised in this months Dirt Rider mag.
Honestly I don't understand how some of these companies function on so little research.

If and it's a big if, the BMS is reliable and does not heavily reduce the batteries shelf life. AND if the BMS is reliable, it's a good thing.

BUT, go to earthx's website and click on warranty, read the last line....

"Immersion in liquid.", as in, earthx batteries are not warranted against damage caused by immersion in liquid. So I would guess that like Shorai, earthx batteries are not waterproof :(

I've now had 3 Shorai batteries shipped to me that have failed and the cause is water in the battery case.

Shorai advertises for the dirt and adventure segment as well but what their warranty and performance indicate is they are only for the adventure segment that only adventures to Starbucks and only on sunny days.

I ride durring arial flooding and drop my bike on water crossings.

There are three LiFePO4 batteries I am aware of that are waterproof of which none have BMSs and of those Antigravity is the largest and only I have tested. (I have tested others but all except for Antigravity were NOT waterproof)

I would NOT put a battery susceptible to water damage in anything but a sport bike unless you are only a fair weather rider and never intend to cross water.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote