Originally Posted by PETDOC
Some things you should ask:
1) Were the rear pivot bearings routinely serviced? If not they need to be replaced.
2) Were the brake hoses changed-when? Rubber lines degrade. I've seen a recommend replacement interval of 7 years.
3) Was the left sided cam chain tensioner upgraded?
4) Were the zip ties near the steering head loosened to keep from breaking wires in the harness?
5) Are these the stock shocks? If so you will need to replace for optimal ride.
Parts that have an increased risk of failure--be nice to know if ever replaced:
1) Clutch slave cylinder/rear input seal
2) Hall effect sensor
4) Rear drive big bearing
Really nice accessory if available
1) Touratech hard part to prevent front forks from breaking steering stops and denting tank during a drop
Places to check for cracks
1) Lower mount of front shock where it attaches to the telelever suspension
2) Rear frame part which holds rear seat and extends as short rack-if overloaded it will crack
Great info - I appreciate it.