View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #94
SpeedySteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Bike Time! Lots of opportunities!

Howdy Folks -

Not sure where to place this thread, so I am linking this to the other Tucson forum. Here is what I post in Tucson Area Banter Board.

I have the next 2 weeks off of work. I just picked up a brand new BMW GSA. Put on the basic farkles and been riding everyday, like a man would in his right mind with a new bike and no work. If anyone is interested in day rides, hit me up please! Bike is still in 'break-in' period, which basically means "hang at redline as much as you can until it stops burning oil" - sure thing! Been blasting some roads down south getting familiar with the sidewalls.

I'm more interested in getting of pavement and exploring how the bike behaves and handles in some tricky stuff. I've riden Ruby road, Arivaca lake, Box canyon etc etc, but these are all mighty tame. Beautiful, awesome, and amazing undoubtedly! I am looking for a parter for safety and some 'peer encouragement' for the more challenging and maybe to help pick the bike up if my arms are weak due to riding.

Anyways, I am thinking about Middlemarch road (by Tombstone), from Nogales to Parker Canyon lake, Coronado National Monument, rambling the Chiricahuas, from Pima/Thatcher around the other side of Mount Graham down to Wilcox, of course the backside of Lemmon/San Manual/Cascabel road, rambling the Tortolitas, etc etc. Just a few options, I know most of these roads are tame with more challenging spurs heading off in either direction.

If anyone is interested, I would love to have a riding partner for safety, encouragement and camaraderie! Hit me up with a PM or an email (I think you can access that through my profile!). I've been living the dream, basically waking up in the morning, looking at a map, and heading out until sunset or so. I'd love to plan a ride with someone else and open to route suggestions!

Oh yeah, also getting a set of Jesse Luggage by the weekend (I hope). Anyone interested in beer, banter, and a jesse luggage install?

Cheers!

Steve