Old 08-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #76
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,328
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
^^^

These two are still very much the "fastest guys with a roadbook in front of them" out there... Both have over a decade of experience/maturity, are in peak physical riding form. PLUS, they have the most professional team/organisation behind them. Frankly I don't see anyone that comes to the table with guns as big as those. Too old? Hmmmm.... Peterhansel won right up until the day he retired from the moto's... And he comes back (occassionally) after 10 YEAR ABSCENCE and is still competitive! Both the "aliens" possess the same genetic code... don't expect them to be anything less than the yardstick by which others are measured come January.

Excelent Troy - didn't have the time for that, but I would say it's about on the nail.

I have had it from one of horses mouth's that contrary to popular belief the "Aliens" ride flat out most of the time/when they can, regardless of the fact it's a marathon and with an engine that probably has 10km/hr more than most - so one target for the new boys.

"Special/private" fuel may not be available this year, so 1 point to the rest, but if you you were a bookie it really would only be down to one of two options - evens on them both, 1/5 the next.

But we can live in hope, one slip and Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise (whoever he may be) will have one of them - but both, highly unlikely, but the guns are out.

too old screwed with this post 08-02-2012 at 01:23 AM Reason: fat fingered typing
too old is offline   Reply With Quote