View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
DesertSurfer OP
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,234
Destination: Imitation Mediterranean... The poor man's fly and ride adventure

Imagine riding long steep dirt track mountain ridgelines with island views over the Pacific on your right shoulder and deep blue lakes spread out along your left.

Explore waterfalls, navigate simple creek crossings and follow parallel flowing streams.

Venture through deep wilderness canyons extending far beyond the horizon leading you up to giant mountain peaks.

Inhale the aromatic fragrances of citrus groves, nut orchards, vineyards and fruit harvests while meandering the S curved country back roads.

Pack a tent and sleeping bag to set up in a hideaway campground or relax at a winery villa or small motor lodge, all accessible on this personalized adventure ride.

And this Adventure paradise can easily be experienced over an extended weekend. Simply leave that difficult work week behind. Book your cheap flight to the west coast of the US, landing in Los Angeles. Or you can travel by train, car or bring your own Adventure bike. The routes can be planned with primarily dirt, tarmac or percentages of both. And this secluded riding destination is less then an hour away from LAX where your rental adventure bike/s await you.

You can travel it alone as I often do, or you can bring along a friend. And if I’m not busy I’ll guide you around.

Follow along and I’ll show you some of my travel prep, the various routes and the many highlights of this incredibly inexpensive fly and ride adventure. Stay tuned... more to come...

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 08-11-2012 at 06:36 AM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote