View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #106
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
I guess what I'm trying to say is that slower is actually faster on a rally like this, and I believe if Sam rode at a sustained 80% of his ability he would firstly finish more easily and secondly get a good placing because his 80% could get him into the top 20 - Not a bad result at all!

Interestingly, there are 55 elite riders on the list this year. Kinda puts into perspective the level of skills required to get a top 50 placing.
----------------------------------------------

Good point Bluebull, but perhaps a combination of 100% & 90 % will see him on the right track - but if the bike is ok he will be close.

Don't forget, the only time Sam has ever crashed out in a Rally or a Baja was in Oz last year when a Kangaroo hit him at high speed on day 1 - he missed one day because the medics would not let him ride on but still went on to win 3 stages, so contrary to all the discussion he is not actually suspect to bombing it
That is true, he broke his foot training didn't he? I saw a video of him going past in the desert somewhere on a training run and he was insane fast.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote