View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #166
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
A little more on Pikes Peak--if you ever have the chance to go, GO! The road is simply amazing. As of October of 2011, it's been paved it all the way to the top, which makes travel to the top probably a bit safer for sportbikes, but it had me really wondering about the safety of the guys who race up it. Dirt might be a bit sketchy, but it's fairly predictable and relatively slow compared to asphalt. Now that the entire road is paved, it's the annual "Pikes Peak Hillclimb" is now an unofficial TT (and I would imagine it's going to start attracting TT heroes from all over the world). TT courses are inherently dangerous, but at least there's a chance of survival if one goes off at say, the Isle of Man. No such chance at Pikes. Parachutes, imho, should be required from here on out.

I almost decided to stay a couple more weeks in CO just to watch the race, but I need to push on and MotoGP awaits.

After pikes we headed down to the Garden of the Gods. It, too, was fairly amazing, but there were a buttload of cars, so I took in the scenery nice and slowly. If anyone is looking to make the next Jurassic Park, this would be an ideal location.

AntiHero screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 01:08 AM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote