View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 05:12 AM   #20
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 824
Hey GB,
ya I remember our talks. Big Girl (aptly named) is obviously heavier than the F8 but with her weight comes stability. Haven't seen a lot of dirt but even crossing loose gravel on some roads has not shown any sign of wanting to slide around. As a matter of fact, BG is performing so well that I have decided to upgrade her status from whore to mistress.
Now I am sitting in a cheap gangster motel (seems to be a lot of gangster types out there) in Riverton Wyoming at 4:30 in the morning getting ready to beat the heat with an early ride south. Should be in Colorado today.
Rode up thru Yellowstone and down the south side last couple of days.

Gotta say that I never saw any animals. None. Zilch. No Bison, on deer, no bear, no elk. Oh, unless you count two red squirrels at my campsight.
Saw this:

But hasn't everyone?
Even tried my hand at some fly fishing on the Madison. No luck there either. Unless you count the one that got away. Damn 12 foot Alligator came up and took him right off my line. I swear! People just gotta stop releasing their pets into the streams, dammit!
Campsights were all full thru the park so I took the first one available past.

This one cost me a whopping $38! A new record. And one that holds for a long time I hope.
Then it was south past the Grand Tetons

And a stop for some refreshments

And ribs

BG worked her way thru 9500 ft elevation in this section and altho I think she did protesteth a bit, she came out no worse for wear.

After a few more hours of long hot straight roads we found ourselves in Riverton where Big Girl was immediately treated to a good wash to remove the many bugs in her teeth.
She sits all clean and ready to find some more mountains for me as I pack up and head out into the chilly 50 degree air.