View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #52
BeachMoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 672
Get a beadrider. Sheepskin doesn't work well in the heat and humidity.

I was at Sedalia too and took a detour to Denver after the rally before coming home. Crossed Kansas twice in three days wearing my LDComfort shorts and a pair of FirstGear solid pants with a beadrider on my seat. Didn't have any problems. The temps were consistently above 104.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkat View Post
On my ride home from The MOA Rally in Sedalia I wore my LD Comfort tights under my riding pants. I had an Alaska Sheepskin on top of my Corbin saddle, and by the end of day 1, some 450 miles, I had a nightmarish, itchy, hive-like rash on my seat and the tops of my thighs. Thank goodness we carry diaper rash cream when we travel! I've washed my riding pants, my LD shorts and my sheepskin, and we head out again next week for a week long trip to the southern US. I hope washing everything has been the answer, and not to have a repeat of the monkey butt...

On the PLUS side, I picked up one of the ladies' combo tops, and I can honestly say I've never worn anything more comfortable. As a 'full figured' gal, I was concerned about coverage, but I needn't have been. I told my hubby this top was so comfy I never wanted to take it off!
1978 Suzuki 250TS
1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550
2007 BMW F800ST
2009 BMW R1200GS (Current)
BeachMoto is offline   Reply With Quote