Originally Posted by dashmoto
A few bits and pieces from the TBM article on Bordone Ferrari...
- Mr Ferrari is a Milanese architect, and the 'passion' behind the team
- Mrs Bordone is a 'successful businesswoman whose grandfather was involved in the motorcycle business between the wars', and the money behind the team.
- Have apparently already spent 'millions' of Euros on the project
- Put three riders on KTM 450RRs into the top ten at the 2012 Dakar
- A lot of their mechanics came from the Farioli KTM EWC team
- Rumoured to have offered Juha Salminen half a million Euros to ride for them in EWC
- The lack of *any* sponsor branding is deliberate - planning to keep the identity of the brand clean and professional until the 'right' deal can be done with a big outside sponsor, not someone that will give them 'five sets of kit'.
- Have had meetings with the ASO about raising the profile of the Dakar in Italy
- There will be a small production run of the BF rally bike.
Hell, if you buy 20 sets of wheels with the wrong talon hubs and instead of returning them just say 'could be handy for the enduro team' , you prbably have enough budget...