View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #75
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
And rode the bike 100 miles today. AWESOME. I experienced a bit of uncomfortable buffeting from the top of the fairing, and also noticed a bit of extra road noise that seemed to come from reflection of engine noise.

However, I think with the top 2-3 inches cut off, this fairing is going to kick ass. It's solid as a rock on the highway at speeds, cuts wind very well, and is very impressive looking from the front.

I didn't do the best of jobs doing the cut-out for the front headlight, but it doesn't look too bad. I'm STOKED.

Here's a picture of the fairing on the front of my 2009 DR650se. I don't have the carbon fiber dash plate up yet. But it'll come.

Thanks for posting up bigalsmith101

Looks good man, yeah if you trim it down a bit it works fine as well, I took 2 inches off and im 6ft4.5

You need to tag that thing with some paint! My vote is matte black. I actually tag mine with a gloss enamel, let it dry really well (1 day) and then tag it with a clear matte or just use matter paint.

My long term plan is to design another fairing over the winter and apply lessons learnt and ...... well you will just have to wait and see

Ride on