View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #10
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
Update:

FMF Apex muffler removed and original thermo-nuclear reactor installed. I did the 15 minute reset run on it -
1- it did not stall within the first minute as it's been doing lately (though when it has stalled within that first minute lately, it restarted immediately)
2- it ran the entire 15 minutes glitch-free with a steady / consistent idle speed
3- after 15 minutes, I shut it down and restarted it several times with no issues

WTF? I guess it really needs some back-pressure from the catalyst and the muffler design itself. I have no idea which map is loaded on the bike but I am prepared to try having my dealer load the Akrapovic map for the bike since it accommodates for less back-pressure. Could it be this simple? The most annoying things in life often are solved with simple solutions, aren't they? In any case, I believe that I am prepared to rule out the fuel pump at this point - check all electrical connections and inquire with my dealer about that optional map. Any other suggestions or words of wisdom?
2005 Ducati 999R
And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is offline   Reply With Quote