View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #67
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Yet you still choose to ride a bicycle without gear even though it's just as likely that "someone else screws up" for you and causes you to go down.

As another poster cited, he doesn't ecxeed 50mph on his bicycle but the cars that outweigh him by 50x likely pass within mere feet of him (in my area they do) at speeds well in excess of 50 mph.

It almost sounds like since your not pedaling and burning calories creating tons of body heat it becomes an issue of convience to dress for safey on a bike as opposed to a bicycle.

I'm not debating with you or anyone else just pointing out that we all make choices about our safety gear and as a non ATGATT (but always helmeted) rider it gets old listening to the ATGATT nazis ridiculing those of us who don't wear ALL the gear (whatever they define it as), and who in other activities with very similar risks like road bicycling, don't wear gear themselves.

Live and let live.

Show me bicycling armour that will work when riding a road bike and I'd be all over it (not downhill mtb stuff) there are different ways to get hurt everything is risk assessment right. If I wore what I did on the moto on the bike I wouldn't be able to worry about crashing because i'd die of heat stroke.

I think you're a fool for not armouring up on the moto. It makes the ride better, it makes the ride safer and it add's performance. Ever dragged a knee without pucks I'm guessing it wouldn't be allot of fun. I do care allot more about abrasion than impact personally on the street. Although good imapct doesn't really take away anything and is nice to have.
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote