View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #71
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by crofrog View Post
I think you're a fool for not armouring up on the moto. Ever dragged a knee without pucks I'm guessing it wouldn't be allot of fun. I do care allot more about abrasion than impact personally on the street. Although good imapct doesn't really take away anything and is nice to have.
Thanks for calling me a fool.

I won't resort to name calling but I could say the same about anyone who rides a road bicycle on streets with traffic or speed limits in excess of 35 mph. Wonder what the statistic is of the percentage of bicyclists killed per mileage ridden compared to motocyclists. Would you feel safe on your motorcycle if your speed was governed to 1/2 the speed of auto/truck traffic?

I'm betting riding a bicycle on roads designed for cars is just as if not more dangerous than riding a motorcycle where the motorcycle matches the speed of surrounding traffic. So if the bicycle riding community were seriously concerned about safety they would develop appropriate gear. Then again, if no one would buy it there is no need to design and build it which explains why it doesn't exist.

Nope, never dragged a knee. I don't ride that aggressivley as thus my choice of gear.

blk-betty screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 05:48 AM
blk-betty is offline   Reply With Quote