View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #72
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Yet you still choose to ride a bicycle without gear even though it's just as likely that "someone else screws up" for you and causes you to go down.

As another poster cited, he doesn't ecxeed 50mph on his bicycle but the cars that outweigh him by 50x likely pass within mere feet of him (in my area they do) at speeds well in excess of 50 mph.

It almost sounds like since your not pedaling and burning calories creating tons of body heat it becomes an issue of convience to dress for safey on a bike as opposed to a bicycle.

I'm not debating with you or anyone else just pointing out that we all make choices about our safety gear and as a non ATGATT (but always helmeted) rider it gets old listening to the ATGATT nazis ridiculing those of us who don't wear ALL the gear (whatever they define it as), and who in other activities with very similar risks like road bicycling, don't wear gear themselves.

Live and let live.
You're right and you're wrong. I typically wear a base layer and gloves when riding in groups or racing. Used to wear a pair of shorts with the pad chopped out racing crits.

That's about the extent of ATTGATT racing crits. The extra layer lets your outer garment slide against the inner instead of your skin if/when you go down.

...but you're being deliberately obtuse. Road cycling and road motorcycle riding are completely different types of activities.

M