View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #95
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Josh.. Learn ALL you can from Jeff Fredette.. pace yourself and make the finish! The final tests will be awesome being at such a legendary location.. take lots of pictures and ,,,
GOOD LUCK !
Wiser words were never spoken. Josh and I met Jeff Fredette for the first time at the Mexico ISDE when he was after his 30th. Out of ALL the riders there, I was the most impressed with him. He was always calm, cool, and collected. There is a method to his madness and a reason he has finished 31 ISDE's. At the end of the week, when packing up the U.S. container, he was the first one there to do a lot of the "heavy lifting". Amazing example of a person and a rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Guys you have it all worked out. A fantastic preparation, great decisions along the way. Putting as much in your favour as possible. You make it all look so easy! Lovely set of photos.

Josh enjoy the remainder of your preparations. Stay fit, lots of hours on a bike...any bike. Years ago I was told that the Czech Trophy Team on their Jawas were Postmen! Spent all day and every day riding through the woods delivering letters! I wonder if it was true?
Thank you. Today is Josh's 17th birthday. He loaded up the dirt bike and the trials bike and is headed for the hills for several hours of riding. I'll be sure he sees everyone's encouragement and advice (he has enjoyed the support so far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxmike View Post
I still can't get over how awesome this is! so if i send 20-30 bucks to the PayPal in your sig-line will i still get a t-shirt?
Absolutely!! Just be sure to provide me with your mailing address info so we can get you a shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Phil View Post
In with a Tugger strap!

GO JOSH
Thanks Phil. Buying a Tugger strap is a total win/win.