View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #76
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarhead View Post
I love ready your ride reports and love seeing your travels. I need to make a trip to the western part of the state soon.
I really like that tent. How well do you think it would stand up in a windy/thunderstorm? Do you think it would be good for backpacking? Is the pump part of the tent or purchase separately? I am looking at getting a new backpacking tent. Thanks
The tent is available from aerostitch or directly from the manufacturer (Nemo). It is intended for back packers to the best of my knowledge. It has some rope and plenty of loops sewn it for additional guying both at the steaks and sides and top. I'd say this thing should be better in wind than something with poles. Go to www.nemoequipment.com I think it is and look up the Morpho 2-P. I also have a pad for the floor which folds up very small and a pad lock system which is just some straps that go inside and connect to hold your mattress pads (like thermorest) in place. I use a cheap throw away ground cloth but they make that accessory too and all kinds of cool stuff.

The pump comes with it as well as a nice waterproof stuff sack and little bags for rope and steaks. Packed up, it is as small as my thermorest pad which is smaller than the typical hiking bedroll. I set it up the first time in maybe 10 minutes but now I can do it in 5 or less! Here is the neat thing....you can air it up ( or deflate) from inside or outside so if its raining, you can get inside it as soon as its unrolled and air it up and then it won't blow away ( I would hope) with you in it...steak it after the rain stops.

Thanks for following my posts! See ya soon

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote