View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #633
Prutser
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing except as a tool box / misc storage instead of a fuel tank. The only things I wouldn't want to put in soft luggage are spare parts that I'd need on a long trip (oil or air filters, or anything else easily crushable) They could go in a big tool box under the seat. I was thinking of laying it up in fiberglass or carbon fiber, but the aluminum tank looks pretty nice too. I'm also moving my battery forward under the tank (I think), so a tool box could also occupy the normal battery location.
For a re-build all road R100R I made a fiberglass toolbox on that place. Personally I like my tools to be a bit easier to reach. So when I am traveling I don't have to take the luggage and the seat of to grab my tools.
But I'm still thinking about where to put them safe and dry.The last trip they were in a bag on one of the racks above my cylinders. But after every river crossing my tools were wet for days.( toolbox...next project )

For another bike I made a bash plate that holds the battery. That bike feels like its half the weight of a standard bike.Really a huge difference .

But for this ST I think I will leave it like it is for now.

R100GS'91 (sold)
Prutser is offline   Reply With Quote