View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #27
8gv OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,245
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We got back onto the black trail and it was looking EXTRA black to me.

I believe that a crappy two track can easily be worse than single track.

The steep downhill section has a deep washout on the right side. It's full of very loose baby heads and other bike thrashers. The high side looks a lot better but has two issues. First, it's next to the middle which is formed like a Mr. T Mohawk. If you get either wheel up against that it's going to get interesting pretty quick. Second, did I mention the lack of storm damage clearing? Taking the high side is only temporary. The first tree in your face and your headed for the low side. I took the low side. I figured I'd be there soon enough anyway.

On the way down I was having some thoughts. Will my wife come see me in the hospital 700 miles from home? Will she send me a card? Will my bike become part of someone's still? Meth lab?

The GPS shows the road ending at the stream and then starting again farther down stream. I expected to have to ride the bike through a lot of water but it was only 20' or so before the road reappeared. After that we had a few trees to go under and some crowns to roll over.

Once off the black and onto the blue it was really nice riding.

8gv is online now   Reply With Quote