View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #29
rburkat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
I just ordered 2 sets of 35W and 2 sets of 55W HIDs to go in my euro light. I also ordered 3 different bulb temperatures 3500K ,5000K, and 6000K for them so I can test. From my 8 hour night ride on the last race I remember being really pissed off that my helmet lights were very blue and my bike baja designs 8" HID was more yellow, which made my eyes have to readjust constantly as I rode, depending which light i looked at. It was really fatiguing. So this year I want to make sure that all my lights are the same color/temperature.

I'm still not sure what I will run for helmet mount. I had niterider last time, but I dont think they make the moto light anymore.

I tried to mout the bd 8" light rack on the 990 but it would take a bunch custom work to move the ECU, and then it won't look much like a 990 ( might as well have a SE then ).

I also picked up some Rigid D2's form BDCW but I have not tried them yet. I won't be running crash bars and I have a high fender so I'm not sure how I'll mout them yet.

Ideally I'm thinking this...
1. euro head light with 2x 55w HID
2. some sort of head hid/led light
3. some additional lights that I can add on for the night section - either some D2s or similar or maybe one of those light strips. Perhaps this http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...Xpg-10-Led-Bar
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote