View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #45
JRWooden OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,131
Just catching up here:

I don't know how to add "extra" data/questions to the poll ... I tried once and it didn't seem like it was possible...
If someone knows differently please PM me ... higher ambient temperatures might play a roll, I can't say ... but since the stator is operating at nearly 200C I would tend to think the ambient operating temperature would not make a big difference ... but that's just a guess...

I test drove a 650XCountry some time back and one of the selectable displays for the OBC (along with MPG, temperature and the rest) was battery voltage ... I really don't know why BMW could not do that for use ... but well it's not there ...

I agree the 4-digit digital display is more informative but was trying to find a happy medium between geekdom/distraction and having useful data. The LED I used is supposed to change from green to yellow once voltage drops to less than 12.9V. Since the system sometime charges at as low as 13.3V I figured this would be close enough....

With regards to the max. output of the Electrosport stator, I am afraid I do not know the answer ... sorry...
Not sure if it is still 400W or if some output was sacrificed.
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote