View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #20
Schwer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Rider View Post
Dang, nice ride report, great pics and I think it's cool to see a Versys with cans on it, looks great and it certainly has it's place out there.... I think it would be fun to have one meself, I see some great bargains on them here.
Kawasaki should've sold that version of the Versys with crash bars and a big windscreen standard - somehow it turns an awkward, sorta ugly bike into something rugged and purposeful. It's kinda like me growing some stubble. To be honest I think the Versys is the best kept secret in motorcycle touring. The 17" front makes it a bit less capable in the dirt but it also means that even with my tonne of stuff on the back it still handles like a motard on sealed roads... I rarely see other Versysss on my travels, but I guarantee you I'm having more fun in the twisties than any of the million 1200GSs, and for the cost of one of those I could buy two Versyss.

I wouldn't be doing the Dakar on it but for a trip like this where it's mostly roads to get places and the occasional dirt track when I feel like exploring it's been pretty perfect.
Schwer is offline   Reply With Quote