Thread: KTM300 info ?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
basalt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I do live in the land where a plate is almost mandatory, but in California there is no way it could be plated legitimately (nor could any of the japanese mx/offroad bikes). I considered finding an old one with a plate, but they were $1000-2000 more! Some how if you pay the right people or do a ton of work you can supposedly get it done, but I would have to put another $500 into for the lighting and such which I don't want to do. Luckily the older bikes can have a CA green sticker which means I can ride any OHV area in CA any time of year (if they are actually open). Post-2003 2strokes (and mx 4strokes) are all red sticker and restricted in certain areas spring-fall. The 650R is plated (since 2003) which is nice. Now I'm trying to decide between keeping both, selling both and getting a newer 300 or 450EXC, or just selling the XR and keeping the '97. The 300 is nice enough and cheap enough that what ever I decide I want, it almost makes sense just to keep it as a buddy bike.

I have a sumo setup for the XR too, but I don't care much for street riding, as fun as it may be. Too many idiots out there for me. But the plate is nice up in the Sierras for connecting trails and such.

basalt screwed with this post 08-10-2012 at 02:34 PM
basalt is offline   Reply With Quote