View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #25
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
The landscape changed and soon I was approaching Duluth. One rider I talked to had come up the bottom side of Lake Superior on his way to, where else? Sturgess and said it was cold. As I passed Duluth I found out he was right. But even more so were the winds

Even tho I had said I had said that the cold would be a welcome change, I have to admit. It was nippy. Not uncomfortable. I just had to climb into more gear.

As it was getting late I bagged a room at a cool little inn in Cornucopia. Yep, you heard me, Cornucopia. Sort of like a little Hippy community with boats. The bar even had it line up of aging regulars. Perfect!
Next day I carried on along past the chin and throat of the Wolf. By this time the Scorpion Trail rear was really starting to show its age.

I found one of the few Guzzi dealers in Manitowoc and made an arrangement for a tire swap. They haven't sold or even had a new NTX in stock yet so I was informed they could not do a service because they couldn't get a filter. So, that will wait.
It also meant that this will wait.

The ol disappearing signal lens. Prolly means a whole mirror replacement but who's got one of those? I am opting for the Mph Cycle replacement kit which supplies you with mirrors that don't shake and puts the signals back to where they are supposed to be. I'll be saving the bill for Guzzi becaause this really should be a warrenty issue.
Manitowoc works for me because I get to do a cool ferry ride across the lake at that point.

Toadride screwed with this post 08-11-2012 at 06:14 AM
Toadride is offline   Reply With Quote