View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #70
luniz7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBelowCloudNine View Post
A few questions before I proceed to attempt to get this done.

My Bill of Sale is almost 8 years old. Is this going to be an issue? I could probably "transfer" it to an updated form if I'll be forced to pay late registration fees or something.

My Bill of Sale is also for Wisconsin, and I live in Illinois, is that going to be an issue?

The only fees I can see that I would be required to pay are

$44.00 for Motorcycle 1 year registration
6% Sales Tax of the purchase price I paid.

Am I missing anything? Did anyone put the entire fee on one check, or two separate checks?

Looks like I just include those two forms, a check and mail to Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles, 120 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05603-0001 - please let me know - thanks!!!
I personally would have your neighbor or good friend do a new notarized bill of sale. Doesnt matter what state the bill of sale is from as long as its you as the buyer. Its $44.00 + the 6% tax on the purchase price. Fee is on one check. My fee was $74.00. You will probably have to have a Visual Vin Inspection as well. This is super easy. I got mine done at one of the emissions stations here in CO. It was $20 and they just make sure that the VIN hasnt been modified.

Read here: http://dmv.vermont.gov/registrations...inverification

luniz7 screwed with this post 08-11-2012 at 01:45 PM
luniz7 is offline   Reply With Quote