Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #5332
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
A few more photos

so you can get the full perspective:

from above, looking down,

about midway, looking up:

We contemplated our options. It had become a LONG way back. We had only 2 miles to the next junction from here. Hiking up, it looked like it flattened out, though still rocky and technical.

We decided to unload Honeybee, and I'd try and ride up the wall. If that was possible, we'd leave the other two bikes at the bottom, and I'd scout ahead to see if I could suss the trail condition for the next two miles.

Ranson spotted ahead, and LDF photo'd from below, and I rode.

In a matter of speaking. Incredibly, there always seemed to be one single doable line for each micro-section.

Move a rock here,

A little boost there,

and I managed to bounce my way up to the top. Not so fast with the endzone touchdown dance, cowboy. We've still got two more bikes and 2 miles to go.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote