Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #5333
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
I reloaded my tools

and we agreed if I didn't return by 11am they'd start to worry. I'd get as far as I could in 15 minutes, and then turn around.

I left them at exactly 10:35. For the next 20 minutes, I hammered through some of the nastiest stuff I'd ever ridden. Totally (well, mostly) in control, I was riding with a purpose. I dabbed a few times, didn't fall, and when it came time to turn around I was so close to the junction, I just had to push through. When I got there, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Where we'd be heading:

OK. So at least now we know what we're up against. But I've got to hustle to get back to them before they start hiking after me, or hit Spot.

I didn't stop to take photos, I figured we'd have plenty of time for that later when we'd be riding this all together. But as I got closer, the arm pump got so bad as I'd have to take a little rest, so I did a video update.

Fun, eh?
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote