Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #5334
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
I gotta say

the DRZ is a much different bike without luggage. We pack light, but after pushing that trail just with the tailbag off, I am even more committed to not carrying extra weight.

Back at the wall, we unloaded the other two bikes, and carefully bounced them up the hill.

By the time we reloaded and were ready to tackle the 2 miles of hell, it was past noon. They'd asked me how bad were the next two miles, and I showed them the photos from the end where I'd turned around. "Oh, there are a few rough patches." I said.

Gotta keep morale up, y'know. Honestly, THIS is adventuring. This was where we were tested, and no one freaked, or crashed (hard, anyway), no one decompensated or melted down, not even when... well, we'll get to that, but first, the slog begins.

We decided that to get everyone through safely, Francine and I would leapfrog, which meant I would be riding these two miles a total of 4 times.

Hiking it wasn't much easier. I did that once too.

But it sure is pretty in here.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote