Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #5336
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
And then,

there was one section where Dave was concerned that if he had to put a foot down it wouldn't reach and he'd have a hard fall. No problem, I'll ride your bike, I said.

And I did, and it was no problem. I hit the kill switch, got off, and rode my bike up the next section. As I'm hiking back to fetch Blueberry, I think that's odd, usually I meet Dave as he's riding up.

I get back and LDF says, "We're not going anywhere, Dave's bike won't start." Turns out, he'd once had an issue with the kill switch where the bike wouldn't start for a while after he'd used it. So he stopped using it. It was like a booby trap. A literal kill switch. Meanwhile, I use mine all the time, even if I'm just stopping to take a photo, I'll kill it, and then restart with the button, I pretty much only use the key at the end of the day.

We turn his key, headlight on, hit the starter button, nothing. Shit.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote