View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 841
Ferry Info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
No "new ferry." Not now or the foreseeable future.
Well, that is all I know but of course it is not confirmed!! Might want to check around when in Panama before making decision on method of traveling over Darien's Gap to Colombia. HU forum are saying that Colombia and Panama are forbidding sail boats from carrying motorcycle and their coast guards are checking?? I dunno!!

One of member at HU got a reply from ferry official and here it is translated to english from spanish:

"Good afternoon sir Kevin, attached basic information from the ferry, at the moment I can not confirm an exact date
Output, but I can put on a waiting list and call you when we have accurate information.
The cost of the motorcycle is B/170.00 return.
The double occupancy cabin out by B / 788.00 round trip.

The ferry leaves the port of Colon 2000 on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Port of Cartagena de Indias out on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. The outputs of both cities are at 18:00 hrs. and arrival at the next port at 06:00 hrs.
We have three types of occupations, which are: chairs, dorm and private cabins. Prices range from B/99.00 + tax. B/.95.00. The tax is the same in all prices occupancy ferry. Tickets are round trip, do not sell one-way. Reservations are made from the telephone 3800900. Reservations and prices are valid for 48 hours. Meals and drinks are not included in the price but you can purchase food services from your reservation for a total additional $ 40 entitles you to dinner and buffet breakfast on both tracks.
Children under 2 years pay only taxes and over 2 pay regular rate.
Required Documents:
Panama: Passport valid for a period of at least 6 months.
Foreign resident: Valid passport and immigration status (resident card) under the rules of migration.
Foreign Tourists: Valid passport and immigration status under the immigration rules (solvency again when entering the country and plane ticket back to Colombia)
Luggage: Two bags per person. Max.50 pounds each. If you exceed 50 pounds per bag or you will be charged an extra $ 35 that must be paid at the port.
For all other inquiries please contact"

Virtual Ferry Tour
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote