View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
DesertSurfer OP
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,327
Part Three- Wildomar Campground through the Wildomar Wilderness and beyond the Tenaja Truck Trail into the Santa Margarita Mt. Peak:

The Wildomar Wilderness is a unique location where a single lane minimally maintained road weaves it's way through the San Mateo Canyon along the San Mateo Creek head waters. Many believe this to be ancient sacred indian grounds. And it's American Indian origins date back over 8000 years.

Crossing the San Mateo Creek along the Wildomar Wilderness road at the top of the San Mateo Canyon.

The pristine headwaters of the San Mateo Creek, considered to be one of the most undisturbed natural water sources in all of the Western U.S..

Looking down into the vast San Mateo Canyon and the Wildomar Widerness road.

Exiting the southern end of the Wildomar Wilderness Area beyond the restrooms and picnic area, continuing south onto Tenaja Truck Trail.

Beyond the Tenaja Truck Trail is the fork of the Santa Margarita Truck Trail, a desolate unimproved jeep trail heading to the top of Santa Margarita Peak.

Nearing the top of Santa Margarita peak with a vista overlooking San Mateo Canyon which funnels the creek runoff over 60 miles to it's mouth at one of my favorite surf spots in the world... Trestles State Beach.

End of the Santa Margarita Truck Trail at Lookout Peak Trail... a savage 2 mile boulder wash incline best left for smaller enduros.

A view of the boulder wash decent from the top of Lookout Peak trail.

The top of Lookout Peak trail with a 50 mile plus view of San Mateo Wilderness area and beyond.

Mt. Santiago Peak looking south over the Pacific and San Clemente Island with Camp Pendleton Marine base property in the foreground.

Heading back down the Santa Margarita Truck Trail looking out beyond a 50 mile stretch of the undisturbed San Mateo Canyon natural watershed basin.

Follow along for more info, photos and trail maps of this amazing ride adventure...

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 08-28-2012 at 12:49 AM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote