View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #41
Rabbot OP
rain+superbike=adventure

Oddometer: 549
No pictures of Kebler pass. I did take some of/at Lost Lake which was a side spur we took from the top of the pass as an after thought.

Think Todd is trying to pinch one out in this picture.

Got to Crested Butte for fuel and saw this cool old truck.

Bought some high quality zip ties in the hardware store to hold my luggage on after the locks failed in the tip over. Shot up the street to an outdoor store to see if they had a core lock for a Yakima style rack that might fit the locks that hold the luggage on my bike. No Luck, onward, Left CB and headed up the Taylor River road towards Cottonwood pass, then took a detour to the small town (almost a ghost town) of Tincup. Stopped there for lunch. I was convinced we could get to Buena Vista through St Elmo ( a true ghost town) via some pass not on my map. That pass turned out to be TIncup Pass and almost everyone told us we could not do it with our bikes. Last time I heard that was Mosquito Pass so after lunch we bypassed Tincup Pass and headed to Cumberland Pass and Pitkin.

Humming birds were everywhere.

The Summit of Cumberland Pass. My skid plate made a racket on the ride up this. Need to figure out what is going on and fix it.