View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #53
mikecbrxx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Volgograd to Līviv

The ride to the Ukraine border was uneventful....but the border crossing was the most difficult. Apparently, according to these border guards, I should have been given a customs declaration on entry so that I could surrender it on exit. Well, never heard about this before. After much discussions amongst themselves and time wasting for me, I was told I could go. The Ukraine part was simple, I was expecting to have to buy a visa at the border but no visa appears to be required now.

I continued on to a place called Dnepropetrovsk, a total distance of about 830kms for the day on some pretty bad roads. Rolled into town around 8pm and took the first hotel my GPS took me to that actually had bike parking not on a main road. Was a bit pricy, but I needed rest. Another long day to get to Līviv tomorrow. No photos of this journey but I bookmarked a very nice Italian restaurant in the town and the hotel. Both will be going on OSM.

Next day, had breakfast in a fascinating restaurant type place attached to the hotel.

Then got on the road for 8am.

Once again, no photos of the trip into L'viv. It was a 955km day and was 9:30pm before i met up with Vova, the Ukrainian biker who is putting me up for 2 nights and who offered to show me his city.

btw, the 955kms.....donīt try this in Ukraine unless you are a masochist, on a 650 thumper anyway.

Iīll put all the photos from L'viv in a separate post.

mikecbrxx screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 07:04 AM
mikecbrxx is offline   Reply With Quote