View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #429
montanaman
Traveler

Oddometer: 171
A thumbs up the the Discovery jacket and Pioneer pants

I just "battle tested" the Discovery and Pioneer kit I got at the motorcycle show last year. Did a 1500 mile ride from Phoenix AZ to Glacier Park Montana. Rode thru all types of weather. Great gear ! Got caught in a cold rain in Yellowstone and not one drop got thru and I was toasty without heated gear and it was hovering in the low 40's. The neck gator and the crotch strap really work. Not having to pull over and put an over liner on when it starts to rain is so key. The only decision I had to make was whether it was going to be cold enough to warrant the use of the liners in the jacket and or the pants. The only knock I have is that when temps get north of 80 the venting is not going to keep you cool. The jacket still breaths remarkably considering the permanent rain liner but I would not consider it a full four season jacket. The pants are great too and without the liner I think they are good to go at just about any temp but then again I never notice my legs getting to warm. Bottom line... Great gear at a great price./Users/fontaines911/Desktop/IMG_0397.jpg