View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #95
vegemanNZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan690 View Post
I just picked up the 2012 690R enduro. Went with the Leo Vince with spark arrestor, foam UNI and had it remapped from the dealer for $45. No more stalls, smoother throttle, no more jerky stuff on the lower rpm, pull is noticeably stronger and now I get third gear wheel loft without even trying. I got rid of the vapor can and the SAS crap following the instructions from "Code Orange" and it worked great---I feel better about loosing all that B/S that can go wrong. I can now smell real exhaust from the pipe and the motor does "NOT" have to breath that hot air from the motor-------

Next mod is to bypass the 2nd 3rd gear limiter----things should get better soon.

Great thread and thanks for the professional advice

Cheers
Hey, good stuff on unplugging the machine. I have Leo Vince and Foam filter (ktm orange but seems identical to UNI), my airbox is also drilled to let more air in, and have had the akra race map loaded.

I beleive, but hard to confirm, that this factory map supposgets rid of the 2 & 3 gear restricter so that may be already allowing the wheelies to occur :-)