View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #25
Scott_PDX OP
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,036
Day 4 –Tuesday, July 24, 2012 – Sulpher Campground, Ut to Camelot!

A few rainstorms over the night gave way to a beautiful morning sunrise…so John says. What can I say, I’m a good sleeper in the woods. Even with the Bear Warning signs all over, the campground was a great place to stay. The ground was soft, the spot was large, and there was a nice creek right behind camp.

Sulpher Campground

Big Mountains

Wasn't he warmest morning

Gittin High

Nice Views, but that sky is looking dark

Soon we jumped back on the road to the first 10,000ft pass (Bald Mountain Pass). Afterwards we pass a number of great campgrounds and pretty lake scenes. This part of Utah was stunning. Near Lake Washington we jumped on another Alternate route. This one was one of the more difficult ones. No crashes, but some nervous moments. I was pretty glad I was on the little 250.

The alternate section got a little technical

Some more pretty country came our way after that Alternate Section. Lunch then got on our mind, so we ran off the route to go into Heber City to gas up and grab a bite to eat. Can’t remember the bar we tried to eat at, but poor Jessie’s lost wallet nixed that idea when the bitchy waitress chased us off. Instead we found some Mexican Food and had a great lunch.

Wierd sightings in the sky

Pretty scenery abounds

A couple hours down the road we run into the Awesome Timber Canyon.

As it’s getting late we start looking for a campsite, and after a few unsuccessful looks, we come across Camelot…literally. This was an awesome resort with a nice swimming hole, flush bathrooms, power and SHOWERS. Yay. Happy Boyz. Took the opportunity to charge up our devices and do some laundry.

The scenery was knocked me off my feet

Tomorrow…Jessie rearranges bike parts…the hard way.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote